Lobo still does not want to eat much. I suspect the medication is causing him to have an upset stomach. I will take him some turkey breast in the morning to see if this helps. He is starting to put more weight on his right leg and the vet is feeling more confidant that Lobo is healing quickly enough that he will be ready to have surgery on the left leg this Friday. Given his left knee continues to pop and is still swollen, the early they can attempt the surgery the better hope for a speedy recovery on his left knee.
When I spoke with the vet, there was a dog howling in the background. I asked if it was Lobo and they said, no Lobo is a very good boy, quiet but very alert and checking out all the action. I took a tour of the hospital and there is plenty to watch during the day.
On the home front, we have attempted to ready the house; it looks like a puzzle/maze with various carpets laid around. The porch is cleared off and the exercise pen is set up in the living room. Lobo's new mobility harness arrived this afternoon. The other husky, Chance, does not realize it yet but he will be trying it out this evening. A friend offered his dog's wheelchair if we need it but we hope Lobo will be able to walk on own when he leaves the hospital. The body is an amazing marvel; I am always intrigued by the ability of the body to recover and repair the damage...sometimes it just needs a little extra push to help it along.
No comments:
Post a Comment